Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Grey Market Update

I'm feeling positive about Saturday. I think it'll be a wonderful experience engaging people and selling my own home-made products.

I have three more days left to prepare. Currently, I'm done mixing and forming the scone dough, I prepared the mashed beets and sweet potato for the gnocchi, I have some bananas ripening in a bag with some apples, and I made biscotti.

I ended up dipping the gingerbread biscotti in melted chocolate for a couple of reasons: I didn't buy pecans to crush up to add to them, I didn't want to add any fruit to it, and I made the loaf way too large, so I sliced in half before cutting the biscotti, so they had square ends instead of the usual tapered ends. I felt they were just begging for some sort of addition. The orange-cranberry biscotti, however, are plain and delicious just the way they are!

Tomorrow, I will attempt to form most of the gnocchi, which is a very time-consuming process. Once I get tired/bored/sore from that, I'll start preparing labels with ingredients and such. Excitement!

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes to you and I look forward to hearing you Sold out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will definitely let me know. You're always such an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete